7.14.2012

Don't Beat Yourself Up

Last night my husband and I had our first date since being married. I ordered pizza for the kids and their favorite baby sitter came over to play. While Bryan was getting ready my stomach was growling fiercely and I was smelling that delicious pizza and WHAM! Just like that I ate one piece, then another, then another....can you say overstuffed??? As we drove away I told Bryan what I had done. He shrugged it off and said "Well, just move on from it." Really? That's it? Sometimes I'm amazed at the way men think. During every one of my previous attempts to lose weight I would have an eating episode like this and beaten myself up for at least a day, having a nice pity part with me as the star. But I'm tired of doing that. This is going to be the time when I make different choices, more mature decisions, this is the time when I pull my big girl panties up and say, MOVE ON. So that's what I did. I drank water for the rest of the evening and ate light today. The pizza incident probably set me back a few ounces and helped me see how easy it is to slide into old habits. But by changing the way I react to the incident makes it easier for me to feel better about myself and not dwell on the mistake. No more beating myself up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment