7.17.2012

So Very Thankful

My two younger kiddos wanted to play in the sprinkler so badly this evening. It's been extremely hot here and unfortunately we don't have easy access to any pools. After dinner Shelby and Jonah quickly changed and stood by the back door patiently waiting for me. As soon as I pulled the door open they were running to the yard, laughing and jumping around with excitement. I turned the sprinkler on and the kids acted like it was Christmas!! They were running around, skipping through the water, having a blast. While I sat on the back porch watching them I felt so happy and peaceful. Our lives have not been very easy and when I look back at the past few summers I am amazed at how life can change. My children are still young enough to not understand all of the hardships we've been through and also don't fully comprehend the love and commitment Bryan and I have for them. It's still difficult for me to fully grasp the fact that I'm married to an amazing, loving, devoted man! After my first marriage fell apart I truly believed I wouldn't find anyone else but here I am and my cup truly runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment