7.24.2012

Life Just Threw Me For A Loop

My husband lost his job. Yes, you read correctly. My new husband of six weeks has no employment. HOLY MOLY. If there was ever a time to gorge on food now would be it for me. This is the "perfect storm" as some say. I'm not in control of the situation, I don't know what's going to happen, our world may be turned completely upside down, and survival mode has kicked into high gear inside me once again. Bryan said to me last night that he will probably lose twenty pounds because he works out when he's worried. I countered with the notion that I'll probably gain twenty pounds because I eat when I'm worried. Obviously I'm hoping this doesn't happen and I can be in control of the one thing I physically can do something about. But how??? I must remember my goal: I want to live healthier and feel better. I can't achieve those two things if I'm stuffing my face. I'm going back into "take each minute as it comes" mode right now and just trying to stay calm, breathe and be so very grateful I'm not dealing with this on my own. Bryan is here and is being very pro-active in his job search. He seems happier, as if a weight has been lifted off him. He hated the job he had so maybe this is God's way of moving things around for us. I've been asking Him to help us know what's right for our family. If we have to move, we move. If we need to downsize, I've done it before. All this has happened in my past and I'm not scared of it. But it is overwhelming to process and realize the changes that are occurring all around me. I've been reading some scripture lately and these verses keep coming to mind:

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about in anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

These help me feel not so insignificant and show me what I believe in is real. I have been through hell and back and know in my heart that if I was not a believer, I wouldn't have come through as I did. If you feel lead, please pray for my family. We're gonna need it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment