7.25.2012

Mini Weight Loss Goals

I've heard of people losing all kinds of weight, 50 pounds, 100 pounds, 10 pounds, 25 pounds, etc. My current goal is to lose about 30 pounds but I've broken that number down into mini goals: 5% loss, 10% loss, 15% loss, 20% loss. I took my original weight which was 174.8 and multiplied it by 5. This equaled 874. Then I divided that by 100 and got 8.74. My first mini goal is to lose 8.7 pounds or to reach 166.1. Then I work on my 10%, 15%, then 20%. So my weight loss looks something like this

5% Loss = 166.1
10% Loss = 157.4
15% Loss = 148.6
20% Loss = 139.9

My goal is to reach 144 but may feel differently once I get there. I believe when I look at these goals, the numbers don't seem so big and I feel like I can manage this along with everything else. I'm trying to look at this whole situation with realistic expectations and allow myself some grace. Bryan is doing everything he can to find a job and I am praying like crazy. I wanted to lose all my weight by Christmas but that may not be something I can do. Giving some wiggle room to my plan is best for stressful times. I do not want to stop losing but there are other pressing issues that deserve my attention. My post yesterday was full of emotion and I'm glad I wrote it. Each day I feel something a little differently. Today my mind is a bit more focused and ready for the task. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

The verse in my mind today : James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment